- They don’t melt (like chocolate)
- They don’t get squashed
- They store well in a jar / airtight container
- They are super tasty
- They are a good source of protein
- They are naturally low in sugar
- They’re easy to roast yourself
- You can make sweet or savoury almond snacks
- Almonds can help to prevent osteoporosis
- Almonds contain anti-oxidants, which help us to stay healthy
- Almonds in your diet can help you to lose weight
- Almonds are one of the most nutritious nuts, containing calcium, magnesium, vitamin E and monounsaturated (no cholesterol) fats, folic acid, iron, potassium, niacin and many more.
- Almonds can also boost your immune system due to their alkaline properties
- Potassium in almonds helps to regulate blood pressure
- Almonds are considered to boost your brain power – just what you need when you’re scoping out your next climbing challenge!
Send us your pictures & recipes for delicious snacks you eat at the crag and the climbing centre.
If you liked this, you might also like…