Healthy chocolate cake recipe
Climbing can awaken the cookie monster in us, but you don't want to undo all the gains you have put so much effort into during your training by gorging on chocolate cake straight after. We often justify it by saying we will "climb it off", but we can't run away from the fact it's loads of sugar in one sitting.
What if we could replace this with a healthy alternative? Well, I'm here to offer you just that! Yes, a healthy chocolate cake...
Here is the recipe, which you can embellish with your own ingredients if you wish, and add as much or as little of the "bad" stuff as you like. It takes a little while to make, but trust me, it's worth it!
Ultimate Healthier Chocolate Cake Recipe
Note: this recipe was given to me by an Italian, so when she says tablespoon - she means a BIG one.
180g Almond flour
1 Can Coconut milk
7 tbs Coconut flour
5 tbs Cocoa powder
5mg Baking powder
16 Dates (pitted)
Can also add:
1 tbs Maple syrup
Dark chocolate chips/broken up chocolate bar
Nuts/other dried fruit
1. Destone the dates
2. Warm up the coconut milk in a pan (can add a vanilla pod here for flavour, but take it out afterwards!)
3. Mix the ground almond with dates in the mixer
4. Mix the coconut milk in with the almond and date paste
5. Whisk the eggs and add to the mix; Mix it all together
6. Add the other ingredients – coconut flour (or desiccated coconut), baking powder
7. Can add extra sweetener/experiment with other dried fruit or nuts etc at this point
8. Mix all together, pour mix into a greased baking tray, bake for around 40 mins on 170 degrees – or basically until cooked (check with a fork or toothpick, it shouldn’t be too wet when you remove it)
And voila - the healthy chocolate cake is ready!
Enjoy, we hope you like it.