This module is focused on situational favourability, from Robin Vealey’s SSCQ questionnaire.
Module aims and objectives
The purpose of this module is:
- To learn about the concept of ‘Situational Favourability’
- To learn about different types of coping strategy and their application
- To understand how different conditions may affect climbers in different ways
By the end of this module you will:
- Understand the concept of situational favourability
- Understand the difference between problem-focussed and emotion-focussed coping strategies
- Know which types of strategies to use in different situations depending on level of control
- Have a plan to deal with a personal situation of difficulty, incorporating ideas from this unit
- Have a bank of coping strategies to try out and use
When you’re ready to start, click next.