Savage Summit // Author Jennifer Jordan. This book is sensational. For anyone interested in the history of high altitude climbing or in pushing themselves further in any area of life it’s a must read book. Savage Summit tells the story of K2, the killer mountain, and it’s relationship with the first five women who achieved the accolade of reaching its peak.
Women to summit K2 – first five ascents
- Wanda Rutkiewicz 23. June 1986
- Lillian Berrard 23. June 1986
- Julie Tullis 10. August 1986
- Chantal Maudit 3. August 1992
- Alison Hargeaves 13. August 1995
Savage Summit charts the lives of these five remarkable mountaineers. To say it is compelling is an understatement. I couldn’t put it down.