#TastyTuesday: Halloumi Burgers with Asian Twist
Burgers are always a great idea when camping cooking or to prepare to bring to the crags. They provide a complete meal with good amounts of Carbs and Proteins to recoup energies, and also, they are so freaking delicious.
And who said burgers have to be all the same? Put something in a brioche bun and voila', you got yourself a burger. However, some are better than others. In this week's recipe, a vegetarian burger that will keep you full and satisfied with an unexpected Asian twist !
Halloumi Burger with Asian Twist
Ingredients (4 people)
- 4 pair Brioche Buns
- A pack of Halloumi (we love the spicy version)
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Asian Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Heat up the grill and slice the halloumi.
- Place it on a non-sticky pan and grill at maximum heat.
- When the halloumi is soft inside, drizzle the sweet and sour sauce all over and place back under the grill to caramelise.
- Cut in half the buns and place on grilling pan too (adding a little butter if you'd like!) to get them crispy and crunchy on the outside.
- Chop up the tomatoes into juicy round slices.
- Prepare your rocket and basil; add salt, pepper, olive oil or your choice of dressing.
- Compose your burger how you like it and add extra sauce for sweetness!
A delicious burger that won't make you feel heavy on the wall, the combination of salty halloumi with sweet Asian sauce it's definitely a winner combo!
Written By Alice Rosso
Alice is a writer and film-maker. She loves food and combines her work in Tv with her passion for cooking in the channel "I'll Eat That!" . An adventure seeker, she loves climbing.