#TastyTuesday: Summery Rice Salad
The summer season is slipping into winter, but one thing doesn’t go is our hunger. As we move indoors to train and/or do our best to get the most from the winter sun outdoors, here's a recipe to throw together that will leave you feeling healthy and fresh for climbing.
SUMMERY RICE SALAD
Here a recipe for a fresh, tasty rice salad that will feed your stomach without making you feel heavy and satisfy your craving for something fresh and healthy! This is a real crowd pleaser and so easy to make, especially if you’re putting together a feast for hungry climbers.
- 500g Rice (if you're in a hurry there’s some amazing ready-made packets available)
- Cherry Tomates
- Tuna (or a vegetarian alternative - egg, avocado,nuts)
- Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Bring water to boil in a big pot and cook the rice following the timing instructions on the bag.
- While the rice is cooking, take another bowl and throw in tomatoes, peas, mozzarella cubes and tuna.
- When the rice is cooked, throw it in the veggies bowl and mix well to make the mozzarella melt well adding oil to not make it get sticky.
- Let it cool off and then add some diced apple for a crunch, basil for a fresh smell and more olive oil, salt and pepper to preference.
A big bowl of goodness! Let your guests dig in for some healthy energy and delicious taste!