We’ve compiled a list of some important questions:
- Do I know where I’m going and how to get back?
- Am I competent to get myself up & down the route?
- Do I trust my climbing partner?
- Have I got the right clothing?
- Is everything I need in my pack?
- Am I prepared to back off if too busy or poor conditions?
- How will I cope if I get stuck out all night on the mountain?
- Who knows where I’m going and when I will return?
- Do I know how to get help?
- Have I stored my phone in a warm dry place to extend the battery?
As always, you must make your own judgments about the safety of yourself and your climbing partner(s). This list is not exhaustive and is not designed to instruct or teach you to be safe. It is a guide only. If you are unsure about any aspect of climbing, seek qualified instruction.
Have lots of fun in the mountains and stay safe.
Emily and The Team
Other articles you might like…